Monday, June 23, 2008

Away from it all...

Breaking news:



I've almost forgotten how to write anything on this thing.

I'm still away in Scotland, I'm covered in beard, the banjo went home with its owner...

You can listen to my friends Rowan and Marit in a live recording from Beverly Folk Festival for BBC Radio here, (if you can manage to fast forward to around the 38th minute, after which there is pretty much a whole set). Last weekend I stayed at Rowan's in the Peak District and saw a concert and did a workshop with them, which was great, even if I've forgotten all the tunes by now. Rowan, I'd love a recording of that tune called whatever Cold Shivers is in Swedish... somehow.



By the way, I'm not half so covered in beard as a man I met in Peebles today...

Also by the way, It was not always so quiet here. This is a headline from years gone by.



I have to start working again. I did some today. I drew and photographed some cats.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I know I know!
Writing out that tune has been on my list of things to do for ever...I WILL do it today.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love local news gold... More from the East Lothian Courier please!

And also:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/comedy/newsquiz_presscuttings.shtml

x x x

Anonymous said...

Garr - the link is missing a bit:

comedy/newsquiz_presscuttings.shtml

x

Joel Stewart said...

Rowan, sorry for Hassling. Well done on the Beverly gig. I get the orange-head joke...

Dear Banjo owner, that one about the crocus's is priceless.

x x x
x